Countdown to the Conference
Ireland’s navigable rivers and lakes, once the location of Viking water-borne battles and Norman invaders building castles, are now a magnet for leisure, tourism and recreational activities. The canal system constructed over 200 years ago to service a new commercial age, and outpaced by the railways have been restored, catalysing new life into the waterways and their communities.
Come and see for yourself these heritage waterways in action, meet the highly experienced and skilled people who work them and those that enjoy them. Learn, share, experience and feel the vitality that our waterways bring to the communities through which they pass. The network of lakes, rivers and canals extends for over 1000km and its there to be explored as part of your conference experience or during pre and post conference tours.
Conference delegates, official partners and sponsors will have a range of both formal and informal opportunities to share and exchange experiences, technical solutions and learnings involving presentations, networking, exhibitions, educational tours and social programmes.
We will be welcoming
- professionals including engineers, asset and waterway managers, traffic, navigation and visitor services officers, interpreters/heritage presenters, curators
- tourism promotion agencies
- economic revitalization specialists and developers – includes trails and landside use
- marketing and public relations
- historians, canal societies, canal enthusiasts and advocates, educators, and students of tourism, engineering and heritage management.
- government and waterway/canal authorities and agencies.
Visit Ireland’s waterways and learn our story for yourself.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
If you would like to find out more information on becoming a sponsor or exhibitor, please contact:
Colm O’Grady, Commerical Director
Conference Partners Ltd,
T: +353 1 296 7254